Colorful Clarke Quay and the Marina

On my first trip to Singapore, we stayed at the Bugis area where we were within walking distance of Bencoolen and Bugis market. For my second trip there, I decided we should stay in the Clarke Quay area so we're near Chinatown and the Marina Bay Sands loop for easy sightseeing.

I absolutely loved the Five Stones Hostel since it's within walking distance of Clarke Quay, Chinatown, MBS, and a bus ride away from Bencoolen and Orchard. It was my first time to stay at a hostel and our private bunk bed room was clean, well-furnished, roomy, and comfortable. The place is also welcoming and colorful. I could have stayed there all day to watch FRIENDS if I had the chance.


On our last trip, I only got to see Clarke Quay in the twilight and evening. It was particularly nice when we walked here at dusk on the way to Jake's grandparents' anniversary celebration. I realized it was even more beautiful in the morning!



Not to mention the funny bar signs all around!


Hooters! I miss our night out here with my officemates and Jake!

Mango cardigan, Topshop tube, Cotton On polka skirt, H&M gladiators
I especially love this building with the colorful windows. I think this is the office building of their version of Department of Communications and I can just imagine going here for work everyday. Such a whimsical place!


Fort Canning Park is also just around the corner! It's also in front of the reverse bungee jumping site which is closed during mornings.


We also took the MTR to Marina Bay Sands for some sightseeing and to drop off some Dolor's sapin-sapin for my cousin. We got to see the whole complex from the top of Marina Bay Sands with an awesome breathtaking view!


Mom and I went inside the huge flagship store of Louis Vuitton and pretended we're serious shoppers. All I wanted was the mini-carousel key chain.


I was frustrated that we didn't get to catch the Harry Potter exhibit tour at the museum. Talk about wrong timing!!!


Maybe next time?

0 comments:

Post a Comment