Tori Box and La Creperie cafes for a cozy date

Tucked in a quiet side street along Abad Santos in Little Baguio are side by side cafes and restaurants reminiscent of a quaint Parisian street. There are fairy lights, French windows, and the feeling that you're in a different place away from the busy streets of Greenhills. I still get a happy feeling whenever I think of our date here!!!

Topshop blazer, top, and daisy dukes. Aerosoles gladiators
Jake and I love to look for date places within Little Baguio. First, it's near his house; second, the place is yet to be discovered by the mainstream crowd. It's the next hip happening foodie place. Think, Maginhawa! We went to Tori Box to check out their katsus!


After our date, I realized that it's the same forever jampacked place at Little Archers in La Salle. The one in Little Baguio has a cafe style compared to the fast-food vibe in La Salle. Ambiance-wise, Tori Box Cafe is perfect for dates. It's homey, comfy, and has an intimate set-up since they have a limited space for diners. The warm lights and plush couches are also a big plus.


We ordered the cheesy mayo gyoza for starters. It was creamy and didn't have the pasty quality I hate in gyozas. For a cheap Php 120, we had a semi-huge serving of gyoza!


I really liked our drinks since I'm a big fan of Slurpees! I ordered the calamansi slush and Jake had the iced tea. 


I had the cheese chicken katsudon which I really liked! I'm a sucker for all things dripping with cheese. I think this was only Php 185 and came with a bowl of rice. Cheap thrill!!! It's no Yabu katsu but it'll do for such a cheap dish! The serving was also huge and not kuripot for such an affordable price.


Jake ordered the curry katsu which also did not disappoint. I actually prefer their katsus over Crazy Katsu in Maginhawa. The sauce was a real winner here and carried the whole dish. This is a place where everything is worth its price--and then some!


The problem about a cheap thrill date is that we don't feel that much full after a complete meal. For desserts, we just trekked over next door to La Creperie for our favorite crepes! This is probably the prettiest branch of La Creperie I've seen so far. It's all dainty couches, twinkling lights, and art deco. 



Right beside La Creperie are three other restaurants that we'd like to try in the future. I think I spotted a Spanish place and a buffalo wings place. I love this area!

Tori Box and La CreperieCalderon St. corner J. Abad SantosLittle Baguio(turn left from Wilson, it's near Ristras and Piandre)

0 comments:

Post a Comment