More Orchard Road shenanigans

Orchard Road will always have a special place in my heart. It's where Jake and I constantly met up last 2011 so we can have quick dates (he was there with family, and I was with officemates) at Ben & Jerry's and Cotton On. Also, for a shopaholic like me, Orchard Road will always be a shopping mecca with all my favorite brands!

316@Somerset has always been my favorite mall. It's where Jake and I initially met up for a quick hi and hello before heading to Clarke Quay on our first time here. Aside from Cotton On, it also has Forever 21, Zara, and Cold Storage where I like to buy giant Hello Panda cans and OWL kopitiam roast instant coffee packs for pasalubongs.


Now, it's even better because H&M has decided to set up shop right beside 313@Somerset! I went crazy inside.


It's best to walk down the whole stretch of Orchard to go mall-hopping. There are nice mini-parks on the side street for cooling down if window-shopping ain't your thang.


I also love Takashimaya mall since it reminds me of Times Square in Hong Kong. My cousin Inah, who has been working at MBS, went with us that day and was a huge help since it rained and she was our expert guide at the underground mall loops and passes. 

She also treated us to this amazing mudpie ice cream cake at Kinokuniya! Heaven on earth, I tell ya.


My sister and I mainly enjoyed Takashimaya since its Kinokuniya bookstore branch was way bigger than the one we visited at the Paragon mall in Bangkok. We also found the elusive original novel of The Phantom of the Opera here! We literally had to drag the heave metal ladder to this corner just so we can get the book before anyone else did (yes, we're THAT obsessed with it).


I also went to Tangs to get Jake's Happy Socks pasalubong. I would totally wear these funky socks if I were into sneakers! There is currently no store in Manila which carries the Happy Socks brand so I was happy to get some for my fashion-conscious boyfriend.


Since it was raining, we didn't get to take a photo of the ION Mall facade. We DID get to enjoy the crazy sale at Rubi Shoes, though! Ah, I wish I lived here if only for the shoes. The Cotton On branches here in Manila only carry a limited style range. Inah even helped mom with her shopping and directed the mudra to her favorite Nine West and Charles & Keith shops.


This really is the place for shopaholics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment