Downtime

It's been a relaxing long weekend (the perks of working in a university) and I've done nothing but break my diet and play with my dogs. In between watching Jake's basketball game and The Impossible, I managed to catch up on some much-needed zzzzs.


After Jake's game last Saturday, he finally took me to check out Eat Fresh Hong Kong Famous Street Food near his house. I've been dying to eat there ever since he said they offer cheap HK food reminiscent of the street food we tried in Macau. The place did not disappoint! It's exactly the no-frills cheap thrills place I need in my down time. I had six huge pieces of yakitori for only 95 bucks!


On Sunday, he visited my house and I "surprised" him with cupcakes from Sonja's I bought the night before when we picked up the sister who was hell-bent on eating at IHOP even at midnight. I ate two and I am not even ashamed. Is it just me or are the cupcakes now smaller and have less icing? Get your act together, Sonja!


Monday had me waking up at 8 freaking am on a work-free day just to catch the Oscars. I spent an hour freaking out over the fact that our cable provider, Destiny, has no Velvet channel which has exclusive access for the live preview. Jake was kind enough to FaceTime me the whole time. I won our bet when Argo won best picture (he rooted for Lincoln) and I'm looking forward to my free lunch on Saturday. And can I just say how amazing Jennifer Lawrence is? She's the funniest, most down to earth celebrity I've seen in a while. Way to go, J-Law!

Oh, and the besties say hi. They kept me company while reviewing for graduate class midterms. I love my dogs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment