When in Baguio, eat local: Milkshakes and burgers at 50s Diner!

I like milkshakes and burgers. Growing up on Archie Comics, I've always wanted to eat at a diner ala Pop's. Here in the metro, we're stuck with Johnny Rockets and Mile-hi for that 50s diner vibe. I tend to stay away from overly commercialized places promising a certain experience and have never tried both.


We decided to finally check out 50's Diner while in Baguio to see why everyone makes a pit stop here. Personally, I liked the jukebox music vibe with the neon pink fluorescent lights and 50s decor. They had a SUPER cheap menu (burgers at less than P100!) with a wide variety of items from cheeseburgers to tempura (weird for a diner!).


Since I'm a very cliche person and hell bent on living Betty and Veronica's lives, I ordered the most cliche thing you can order in a diner: a milkshake and cheeseburger! Yes, sir!

Cotton On top, Dorothy Perkins knit semi-cardi, Debenhams scarf

We all ordered ice cream milkshakes even though it was around 18 degrees and raining outside. I went for vanilla since I was a bit sick of everything strawberry related. At only Php 75, it was creamy and smooth! The cheeseburger was nothing to rave about but I have to say that it was huge. In fact, I think all their servings are HUGE.


All in all, this is a great place to hang out and pig out! I'm happy to report that I've finally had my Pop's diner dream experience. Go figure.


I think there are two branches of Glenn 50s Diner in Baguio. We went to the one along Military Cut-off Road just right around the bend. It's hard to miss what with the parked cars on the side of the road. If you want huge meals at el cheapo prices, come here!

50s Diner
Military Cut-off Road
or
Upper Gen. Luna cor. Brent Road
Baguio

0 comments:

Post a Comment