Second time's a charm at Universal Studios Singapore!

My first time at Universal Studios Singapore last 2011 felt bitin. We only rode a couple of rides because we had too much fun at The Revenge of the Mummy and proceeded to ride it six times in a row just to get a perfect shot from the hidden cameras so we can buy the souvenir afterwards. Before we knew it, it was time to head home. For my second time there last November, I managed to convince everyone to RIDE ALL THE RIDES!


Yes, including my poor mom who failed to disclose the fact that she has vertigo. After riding BOTH Battlestar Galactica's Cylon and Human rollercoasters, the Transformers, and The Mummy, she ended up at the infirmary where the nice Pinay nurse made her rest for two hours before giving her an express pass to all the rides. Talk about lucky!

As for me, it was my first time to ride the Cylon coaster 'cause I was too chicken to try it after riding the Human version last time. The Cylon coaster is the one where your legs are suspended in the air. Let me just say that I am never riding one after the other again for the foreseeable future.



This time also, the Transformers ride is finally open to the public! The hour-long wait was worth it! For a non-fan like me, I enjoyed the exhilarating 3D ride where it felt like you're a robot fighting off the Decepticons. Worth the hype!

Add caption

The Revenge of the Mummy also never gets old. Even though I've practically memorized all the turns and freaky surprises, I still get a kick out of riding it.

We also endured the hour-long wait for The Lost World ride. It was definitely NOT worth the wait. I don't understand why people line up for this. It was boring--just a cruise around a river with a supposedly exciting ending which did not amuse me. Other than the fact that I got my clothes wet with all the splashing around, I'm not sorry that I didn't get to ride this last year.


Because I'm a sucker for unicorns and dragons, I dragged my sister to ride the Enchanted Airways kiddie coaster. How can I resist this sign?? Take me to Unicorn Pass, please!!! We still freaked out a little, though. The coaster had sharp and steep turns that we were totally not prepared for.


More than anything, I love theme parks for the magical feeling of having your favorite scenes and characters come alive. My favorite part of the park has always been Far, Far Away with the castle and Fairy Godmother's famous potions shop. Happy place!!!

wearing Topshop scalloped top, vintage trousers, FitFlop
Bernice, my sister, is a sucker for collectible mugs. She bought two here: one Shrek and one Gingy mug to commemorate our visit. I wanted a Gingy doll but was saving my moolah for H&M and Orchard road shenanigans.


Half the fun of walking around Universal is meeting the characters in person and seeing their wacky poses. We met a few including:

Beetlejuice who scared the crap out of me. He was in character the whole time and kept muttering like a crazy person.


Betty Boop! Another favorite! Too bad Cleopatra didn't show up.


And Miz Marilyn Monroe! She instructed us to pose behind her so she can swoop down like this.


My sister also finally got to see her beloved Madagascar penguins in person. 


We didn't get to check out the Sesame Street area since it's closed yet. I wanted to meet Cookie Monster and Elmo. :-(


When walking around the park, it's best to rest and hydrate every once in a while. With Singapore right smack in the equator, the sun gets really nasty. But no, we're not resting here; we just wanted a Gossip Girl on-the-steps-of-the-Met (in this case, the New York public library) shot.


And the very emotera sister feeling like a villain.


After recovering from her rollercoaster-induced vertigo, my chocoholic mom had the best time of her life at.... where else? Hershey's Chocolate World!!! I practically had to drag her out!


I bought our Universal Studios tickets online using my Mastercard which gave us a $10 discount plus free access to the Maritime Experiential Museum. We went there after Universal and also checked out the Sentosa beaches. More on those later!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm so sorry I only got to read your comment just now! I already went ahead and pledged my blog to the linked site. Hope to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete